(2) Learn about the ocean. There is so much to do with the ocean and the kids love learning about ocean animals. I love using my “Dive on In” pack and focusing on a different animal each day.
(3) Keep them busy. I love the free coloring books from Krista. I have some free word searches in my TPT store.
(4) Remember your year. Have your kiddos complete a memory book to remember all the fun that they had over the year. I like to show them photos from earlier in the year with things that they might have forgotten. In second grade, they are constantly saying, “Today is the best day ever!” So the closest “best day ever” to the end of the year is the only thing that they seem to remember.
(5) Search for in-school field trips. We’ve had our local children’s science museum come to do science lessons (and these might be free if you are a Title 1 school). We also had the zoo come to do a program. The kids love it and it gives you a break.
(7) Appreciate others. I love to have my kiddos appreciate their classmates. Usually, we write letters to each other and share. This year, I ran out of time so we did appreciation posters. We rotated around and wrote kind adjectives on each students’ paper and then we glued photos from the year on the back.
room. I let them sort the books in our classroom library to make sure
where they need to be. We use shaving cream to clean the desks. It’s fun
for the kids and cleans the desks really well.